A Reminder Among Nature's World

 As I sit in the silence of nature, a new world flourishes all around me.


It is a peaceful Sunday afternoon, in the heat of summer, as I enjoy a quiet retreat on the patio.  Nature sings to me directly, as the cardinal keeps his tune in check by bolstering a harmonic song from the fence top.  He looks over to see if I am listening, and I smile in return for his continuance of duty to entertain me. 

The blackberry bush radiates its red berries, enticing me to want to pick them, even though they are not ready. It occurs to me that in its own time, it will produce the fruit that it has grown to bear, and that human interaction is not necessary for its renewal. 

The breeze blows ever so gently, while the dove is heard in its whooing off in the distance.

A lone car engine seeps past, a masquerade of what is in the thoughts of its driver, as he pushes on the gas pedal to accelerate through the barren streets.  Perhaps, he is late for a family dinner, as the clock pushes its hands closer to the supper hour; or maybe, he is enjoying a roar around town during some much needed time off from work.

Our lives are so intertwined with busyness, that we lack the solitude to ponder the great world we are accustomed to be a part of, but ever so unaware that we are.

The Rose of Sharon flowers are bursting all around me, and I look to their beauty of colour and intricate, delicate designs that are exploding in all their glory.

The sound of the nearby waterfall, cascading into my make-shift pond, has me enticed into a state of gratitude, that I am acknowledging this peaceful moment.  Everything in this very minute is perfect. A molecule of time that is suctioned from some devastating events of the past, but basking in the notion that the world can be a quest to be honoured, if you just allow it to come forth into your personal awareness.

Take heed in all the beauty that surrounds you, and let the dread of life fall along the wayside, if only for a moment, and you will find a piece of happiness will fill your heart.

For more inspirations, remember to subscribe with your email address, and you will receive new articles directly to your inbox, HERE.




Comments