The Mystery Of Sleep And Where Our Minds Escape To

 It is a fascinating topic to ponder... What happens to us when we sleep?

Dream Sleeper

To become oblivious to the external world is somewhat of a conundrum to me.


Of course, we all know the adage that we sleep, so our bodies and brain can rejuvenate itself, and repair tissue and muscles during periods of rest.  That part I understand... but where do our minds drift off to?

I have experienced some vastly, vivid dream states, that feel enticingly real and emotional.  Am I truly breaking the boundaries, and discovering realms of existence beyond our own world?

It's a curious topic, as we can explore the subconscious capabilities of our mind while basking in the shadow of doubt.  I'm not sure of the true travels I've encountered, but a part of me is stumped by the notion that I am completely detached from my current reality.

When my partner gets up in the middle of the night, and I cannot recall that he left the bed, it amazes me to know that I was somewhere else... far from the world he was living in.  Where did I go?  How could one be so completely unaware of their current surroundings?  

I had always thought I was a light sleeper when the kids were little, but when the realization hits me that I was in complete oblivion to what is currently happening, my mind reaches for substance to cling to.  I guess a part of me doesn't want to lose that "control" of being aware of everything that is going on around me.  

It makes me sit in deep observation that the rest of the world is spinning along, even when I am immersed within a shroud of the mysterious web of sleep.

Don't forget to SUBSCRIBE so you can receive all new posts, directly to your inbox.












Comments